Position Title: Economic Analyst (NOC 4162)
Company Name: Purple Lake Investment Ltd.
Job Type: Full-time Permanent
Work Location: Bedford NS
About the Company:
Purple Lake Investment Ltd. is an investment consulting company based in Halifax, Nova Scotia. We provide market research and investment consultation to foreign venture capital and private equity investors who plan to make investment in Atlantic Canada. We also help small and medium business owners in Atlantic area to expand their business to East Asia.
For more information please visit www.purplelakeinvestment.com
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Conduct economic research and develop econometric models to analyze, explain and forecast economic behavior and patterns of Atlantic Canada as required by foreign investors.
• Forecast production and consumption of specific products and services based on records of past production and consumption and general economic and industry-specific conditions as required by foreign investors.
• Conduct research on market conditions in Atlantic Canada to study sales and pricing levels for goods and services, to assess market potential and future trends and to develop business strategies for foreign investors.
• Examine statistical data on the exchange of goods and services between Canada and China in order to identify and assess international trade business opportunities.
• Apply econometric and statistical techniques to the testing and quantifying of the solution of economic problems in specific industries in Atlantic Canada.
• Monitor Atlantic economic trend and industrial data in order to prepare customized investment feasibility reports concerning prospective industries in Atlantic area.
• Examine operational and financial problems related to the economic activity of specific individual companies as required by potential investors.
• Study Chinese national and regional economic policies and industrial market entry regulations for Canadian small and medium business owners who plan to expand their business to Chinese market.
• Provide business registration and license application consultation for Canadian small and medium business owners who plan to establish companies or branches in mainland China.
Skills and Qualifications:
• A master's degree in economics or in a related discipline such as business administration or statistics is required.
• A minimum of 3-year experience as an economic analyst, business analyst, or investment analyst is required.
• Academic ability to independently build and apply advanced econometric models is highly preferred.