compensation: Salary: $45,000 per year employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
DORA Construction is a dynamic builder with proud Atlantic roots. We have been delivering superior projects for our clients since 2003. With our unique combination of big project expertise and small company values, we have built an extraordinary team who bring an incredible depth and breadth of experience to every project. We build solid.
We are searching for an experienced and bilingual (English/Chinese) Estimator to join our our new built Asian team and acquire business from local Asian market.
Reporting directly to the Chief Estimator, your primary focus will be to provide direction, guidance and leadership to estimators and assigned project teams. You will collaborate with the estimating team with the objective of securing DORA profitable project opportunities.
You will have close working relationships with all areas of Operations (Estimating, Procurement, Project Management and Construction Administration) as well as Finance/Accounting. You will also have frequent interaction with potential clients, existing clients, subcontractors and external industry professionals.
Your work performed:**
- Collaborate with the Chief Estimator, Business Development, and Project Management teams to give DORA a competitive edge.
- Work closely with Senior Management on bidding strategies.
- Oversee all stages of the estimating process from the inception to completion, including but not limited to:
-Develop preliminary budgets
-Prepare tender documents
-Prepare quality take offs
-Secure sub/supplier pricing
-Price all divisions and elements
-Liaise with clients, consultants, etc.
-Prepare for submission of proposals
- Foster and maintain professional working relationships with key stakeholders.
- Participate in the pre-construction conference (handover meeting) to provide operations with advice on various aspects of project (schedule, method of work, budget).
- Determine general expenses and provide input into the margins/fees.
- Coordinate preparation of full estimates, identifying inherent risk and opportunities
- Analyze subcontractor requirements.
Salary: Full Time $45,000 per year
Work Location: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Job Type: Full-time
OK for recruiters to contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers