Reporting to the District Manager, you will be mainly responsible for the design of automatic fire sprinkler systems, hydraulic calculations, material stock listing, site surveys and plan review. Among other things, your responsibilities will be to:
QR Code Link to This Post
• Collect and analyze all information necessary for design;
• Identify requirements and local authorities having jurisdiction regulating the design and installation of all the mechanical aspect of fire protection systems;
• Coordinate projects with project designers and external engineering firms;
• Establish the basic design criteria for the project with the client;
• Proceed and/or participate in projects design;
• Approve engineering plans;
• Plan, schedule and organize all phases of the project;
• Follow-up on budgets, deadlines and calendar for projects under your responsibility.
Working within a team of fire protection professionals, your work will help the company to adequately meet his clients' expectations and guarantee them fully compliant fire protection systems.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Building Engineering;
• Active professional or eligible for professional membership with APENS;
• 2 years of relevant experience;
• Knowledge of standards and codes governing design and installation of automatic fire protection systems;
• Proficiency in computer-assisted design with AutoCAD;
• Knowledge of HydraCad (an asset);
• Specific training in fire protection (an asset);
• Valid driver's licence and vehicle.
ABOUT VIKING FIRE PROTECTION INC.
• Subsidiary of Polygon Security Inc., a private holding company, entirely Canadian
• 14 offices throughout the country
• Leader in the fire protection industry for more than 85 years
• One of the BEST EMPLOYERS PLATINUM LEVEL 2017!
• Visit us at www.vikingfire.ca.
WHAT WE OFFER
• Salary to commensurate with qualifications and experience
• 3 weeks of vacation following one year of service
• 12 paid Statutory Holidays
• Comprehensive Group Insurance Plan upon hiring, including the virtual care platform Dialogue for a quick access to healthcare services in many Canadian provinces
• Group RRSP with employer contributions following 3 months of continuous service
• Supplemental training according to employee, market or company needs
• Years of service Recognition Program