As a Sprinkler Designer, you will be mainly responsible for designing automatic fire sprinkler systems and preparing drawings in accordance with the requirements of current codes. Among other things, your responsibilities will be to:
QR Code Link to This Post
• Prepare drawings considering architectural, structural and mechanical plans using AutoCAD and HydraCAD systems, etc.;
• Reproduce and draw sketches, drawings and plans;
• Arrange sprinklers on the drawings in accordance with current standards;
• Verify drawings in accordance with the established procedure;
• Participate in project meetings with project managers & other trades for project coordination;
• Order material based on the coordinated drawings by using HydraList;
• Proceed to field surveys for installation drawings.
Working within a team of fire protection professionals, your work will help the company to adequately meet his clients' expectations and guarantee them fully compliant fire protection systems.
• Diploma in Fire Protection Engineering Technology or Mechanical Design or High School diploma with equivalent relevant experience;
• Minimum 5 years of fire protection system drafting experience;
• Piping background;
• Proficiency in computer-assisted design with AutoCad;
• Knowledge of HydraCad (an asset);
• Knowledge of standards and codes governing design and installation of automatic fire protection systems;
• Specific training in fire protection (an asset);
• Valid driver's license and vehicle.
ABOUT VIKING FIRE PROTECTION INC.
• Subsidiary of Polygon Security Inc., a private holding company, entirely Canadian
• 14 offices throughout the country
• Leader in the fire protection industry for more than 85 years
• One of the BEST EMPLOYERS PLATINUM LEVEL 2017!
• Visit us at www.vikingfire.ca.
WHAT WE OFFER
• Salary to commensurate with qualifications and experience
• 3 weeks of vacation following one year of service
• 12 paid Statutory Holidays
• Comprehensive Group Insurance Plan upon hiring, including the virtual care platform Dialogue for a quick access to healthcare services in many Canadian provinces
• Group RRSP with employer contributions following 3 months of continuous service
• Supplemental training according to employee, market or company needs
• Years of service Recognition Program